Tuesday, July 4, 2017

"America the Beautiful" in ASL



I am fortunate enough to use my skills in American Sign Language on a daily basis because of my job.  However, since I work in a school, my ASL skills have been put on hiatus for the summer.  I feel like I have been getting rusty, as you might see in the beginning of this video, so I decided to gloss and sign the song "America the Beautiful" (You can watch it by clicking on the link)  I have been wanting to sign to this version, sung by The Kidmans, for years, but have always been busy and had never gotten around to it.  I am glad that I had a little bit of time on my hands this year (pun intended) to get it ready just in time for America's Independence Day. I really hope you enjoy it, and I hope that this inspires someone watching it to go out and learn some American Sign Language: you will never regret it.  Also, go ahead and check out the other songs The Kidmans have done on CDBaby.com.  They have a phenomenal sound and you definitely want to see what they have to offer!

This song goes out to all of those who have served and are currently serving our country.  I appreciate you so much, and I am so grateful to have the freedoms that I have because of what you fight for.  Thank you!  Everyone needs to take a listen to this song and remember what the roots of our country are all about.  It talks about the beauty of our country, the United States of America, how it was founded, what our hopes and dreams are for it, and who fights for it every day.  Please don't take our country for granted.  Happy Independence Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment