Monday, February 13, 2017

Valentine's Day!

I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day.  Part of the reason is that I never have a "special someone" to share it with.  This year, however, I have had such fun making cards for the kiddos I help teach at the school I work at.  They are very similar to cards that I have made for kids I have looked after before and they loved them!  As did these kids.  All you really need to make one of these cards is two pieces of card stock and a piece of colored construction paper. The first thing you do is fold the piece of construction paper in half hamburger style.  Do the same for one of the pieces of card stock.  Then on the folded card stock, measuring about an inch from the side, cut two slits about half an inch long, one on either side.  Next, take the cut card stock and flip the middle section inside out and crease it so that it stays.  Put this page inside the folded construction paper and glue down the edges, pushing out the center portion so that it pops out.  With the second piece of card stock, design and cut out whatever you want to "pop" up and then glue it to the front of the "popped out" piece.  Once this is done you can decorate the card however you like.  I wrote a little note to each of my kids in these.  I usually seal the cards with a sticker, since they tend to be a little big for regular envelopes.



No comments:

Post a Comment