Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween-Professor McGonagall

Usually I go all out for Halloween and it takes me months to make my costume.  This Halloween I decided to go super simple.  I am crazy about Harry Potter, and my favorite professor is Minerva McGonagall.  She has these gorgeous emerald green robes and always looks so sophisticated and classy.  Her robes were quite easy to make: I got the material from SAS Fabrics https://www.sasfabrics.com in Tempe for cheap.  The outside is velvet and the inner layer is a type of faux silk.  I measured myself from the bottom of my hairline down to my heels and added two inches for error.  At the store, I had them cut the material twice as long as my measurements, and then I just folded it in half, and had my sister lay on it while I cut around her to make the silhouette of the robes and making sure to leave extra room for the long, flowing sleeves.  Then I pinned it, flipped it inside out and sewed it up!  I took some of the extra velvet material and made a trim around the opening to make it look a little more realistic, and that's pretty much it.  Let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment