Thursday, November 10, 2016

Flashback to the 20s-Halloween

One of my main projects every year is my Halloween costume.  I like to make it myself as much as possible instead of going out and buying a pre-made something, because that usually costs a lot of money and it's never authentic-looking.  This year I decided that I wanted to reprise my role as the 1920s flapper for Halloween and put my own spin on it.  I wanted things a little more flashy and less classy.  I wanted to make it look like I was headed for the local speakeasy instead of a dinner party.  The last time I was a flapper was back in 2007 when I was a flapper at school for our "Great Gatsby" party.  That was a little more elegant and toned down for school.  This time I went all out!

2007 "Great Gatsby" party look:









This year's more gaudy flapper:






No comments:

Post a Comment